Saturday, September 18, 2010

Quick and flat - Sand Creek Trail

I was staying out in West Denver and realized that I had access to a pretty decent long trail I could pound out 12 miles on. It is a relatively new trail created where Stapleton Airport use to be and runs generally along I-70. The sound of traffic was with me pretty much the whole way which is something I had gotten used to NOT having. But having a nice flat gravel trail and crossing only 2 other people, I kept going and going and was able to keep a fairly consistent 6 mph pace. I was welcomed to Aurora as well as an annoying change of trail to cement which I wasn't really excited about since I just had my trail running shoes. I was hoping to make my turn-around at 6 miles, but the cement was annoying me and so I figured I would make up for it and go in the other direction. By the time I made it back, I went past my starting point and in that direction, it was pretty much all cement as well. So I eventually turned around when I thought I was close to 12 miles and headed in, feeling really good.

Map of Sand Creek Trail Run

No comments:

Post a Comment