Saturday, September 4, 2010

Battle Mountain, Hot Springs, SD

I only had one time to run when I went to SD for the weekend to attend a family reunion. I had hoped to be able to run a part of the Mickelson trail, but I was pretty much in a car for the whole weekend being tour guide and so ended up doing the next best (and convenient) run up Battle Mountain which was just across the street from the old Hot Springs cabin we were staying in. This is somewhat nostalgic for me because I remember driving up there with my grandma and at that time it was quite impressive with the fire lookout tower at the top and a nice view of Hot Springs. Nothing else too eventful... a short 3.4 miles, 976' elevation gain, in a slow 40 minutes. Google map.

I wanted to test out this video upload, so here I am up in the look-out tower:

No comments:

Post a Comment