Saturday, September 4, 2010

Just short of Chasm Lake up Longs Peak

I wanted to run up Longs before it started to get too cold but only had 2.5 hours of running time before I had to pick up one of my clients from school. So I set my goal to Chasm Lake or as far as I could in 1.5 hours. As expected, I tried to keep a decent pace but I felt sluggish after a while. My RT speed this time was 3.6 mph whereas the first time (though a longer run) was 3.2 mph. This being my third run up, it seemed as if I was getting slower! Though it was more of me being hard of myself. At about 1.30 I made it to just after the Chasm Lake sign where one has to climb up the rocks to see the lake. (photo is from a previous trip showing the general direction towards the lake) I didn't have enough time to make it up and down so I was a good boy and resisted temptation and turned around right there and made it down in 1 hour...exactly how I planned it out. Totaling 8.9 miles, 3849 elevation gain in 2:29. GPS map.

No comments:

Post a Comment