Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lyons St. Vrain Road Hall Ranch Apple Vally Loop

As much as I said I didn't like Hall Ranch, after my first run there in the hot baking sun, it warmed up to me this time (thanks to the shade along the Old St. Vrain roads. I left the parking lot at the Lyons access to the St Vrain River and made my way along the old South river road, had great shade and scenery of the river and bluffs. When I got off the road and onto Hwy 7, I took a wrong turn thinking Hall Ranch was to my left so I eventually turned around and got back on track. Hall Ranch was much easier, probably just because I knew what I was getting into. I then  went down the antelope trail which hooked up to Apple Valley Road. It was a pretty  run, a nice combination of easy flat roads and rocky hilly trails and a great way to run around my neighboring town of Lyons. Total distance 9.3 miles, gaining 1703 in elevation in 1:49. GPS map

No comments:

Post a Comment